Thursday, June 9, 2011

Snooze

Since my baby was born, sleep has been a luxury for me.  Being breastfed, he is more demanding than other babies, and still needs his comfort feed every night.  While his feeding length decreased since he was born, I still have to wake up for a few moments to feed him.  Don't get me wrong, though, I am not complaining.  Choosing to breastfeed Red exclusively was one of the best decisions I have ever made.  Not only is he healthier, but we are also very close and well-bonded.  As a mother, I could not ask for more.


Before he was born, I would sleep late and wake up late, too.  I love staying in bed in the morning, until about 9 a.m..  Though I love the idea of going to bed early, like around 9 or 10 pm, working means having to use the time my baby is asleep to get some work done.

I am a light sleeper, ever since.  Even a slight sound wakes me up (well, except if I'm totally hammered, then getting me out of dreamland is much harder).  There are times when I drift back to sleep easily, and not even remember waking up in the middle of the night, but there are also times when I find it hard to fall back to sleep.  I like sleeping on my side, either side is fine, and I N-E-E-D two pillows to sleep.  Oh, sleep, just thinking about you makes me sleepy.  :P

How about you?  What kind of sleeper are you?

-Mommy G

0 comments:

Post a Comment